The discussion in Piranha's journal is my favorite one so far about the implications of the 6A/LJ sale.
Also, what the hell. I haven't done Friday Five in a really long time, so why not now? fridayfive.org seems to be down for good, so might as well use the new one instead.
1. What is the first book you remember reading? First? Wow, that's really tough. I'm not sure. Though a handful of my earliest book memories are Shel Silverstein related.
2. What is your favorite book? Non-fiction: Hyperspace. (2nd place: GEB.) Fiction: Snow Crash. (2nd place: The Mezzanine, though some would argue about whether it's fiction. If you don't count that, then The Hound of the Baskervilles, maybe?)
3. Who is your favorite author? I said Neal Stephenson for awhile, until I realized that I don't like a lot of his stuff. And I couldn't even get through Cryptonomicon. So now I guess I have to say Nicholson Baker, though I haven't tried more than a couple of his books either.
4. Pick up the nearest book (magazine or any available printed material will do). Turn to page 24 (or the closest to it). Go to the 7th line. What is it? "may be either NULL or NOT NULL. In this instance you can determine if a null is"
5. If you could be any character in literature, who would you be? I'm never good with these. I like being me! But how about someone from Flatland? (A circle, of course.)