1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it? Jordan Bullock. Lived across the street from me, and was 6 days younger than me. We were friends when we were 2, and stayed good friends until we started kindergarden. Maybe longer. I remember lots of time riding bikes around the neighborhood with Jordan and Susan, the girl down the street who was 2 months older than us. It was a great mix of one-time oppressed groups: the jewish kid, the black kid, and the girl. Jordan and I were friends several years before it occured to me to ask my mom if it was okay to have a black friend, which was unfortunately several days before it occured to me that of course it was okay, and that my mom would have no problem with it, and that it was a bad influence society was having on me to make me consider even asking in the first place. But I digress.
2. Are you still in touch with this person? I switched schools after 5th grade. He switched around then too, possibly later. And he moved around then too. I haven't talked to him since, though we do know people in common. I have friends that had classes with him in high school and such.
3. Do you have a current close friend? Of course. I'm blessed with many. One of the closest is Eli.
4. How did you become friends with this person? Through middle and high school, through mutual friends and such. I remember one time, before I was really friends with him, I was on the phone with a mutual friend of ours, talking about rather personal dramas in my life. Little did I know that this friend, as a joke, had Eli in on what was actually a conference call. I was livid that Eli had heard everything I said. But just several months later, there was plenty I was confiding in Eli that I would never tell the other guy. Go figure.
5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why? I'm usually good at staying in touch with people. I think that of all my friends I've lost touch with, I've grown apart from most of them. Or in other words, I'm still friends now with almost everyone I have been friends with in the past who I could still potentially be friends with now. If that makes sense.
But I do think about Brian occasionally. Our entire friendship was based on two things: Love of spectator sports; and the fact that when I used to visit my dad, there was nothing to do at my dad's house, but Brian lived next door so I'd hang out with him. We don't have the second, but we still have the first. But we haven't talked in over 2 years. I still have his IM screenname...