The music meme is back!
Here are lyrics from 20 songs that I got quasi-pseudo-randomly from my music collection, though I might have filtered out some really obscure ones or other songs that I just felt like skipping. The quoted lyrics are always the first line(s) of the song that don't give away the title. Guess the artist and the song.
No duplicate artists here. Punctuation may or may not have been changed. And here is the last time I did this, if that helps you at all.
1. I am just a poor boy and my story's seldom told.
2. Winter's cold, spring erases, and the calm away by the storm is chasing.
3. The crime was looking up for truth. And as the bombshells of my daily fears explode, I try to trace them to my youth.
4. Don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow. Why put it off another day?
5. Slip inside the eye of your mind. Don't you know you might find a better place to play.
6. There goes my baby. She knows how to rock n' roll. She drives me crazy.
7. Oh, why you look so sad? Tears are in your eyes. Come on and come to me now.
8. I want a ticket to anywhere. Maybe we make a deal; maybe together we can get somewhere.
9. Peter said to Paul, "You know all those words we wrote are just the rules of the game."
10. I met someone at the dog show. She was holding my left arm. Everyone was acting normal, so I tried to look nonchalant.
11. It's not worth anything more than this at all. I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
12. Do you worry that you're not liked? How long till you break? You're happy 'cause you smile, but how much can you fake?
13. There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right. Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together.
14. You cant run away forever, but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start.
15. As I drove away slowly, feeling so holy, God knows I was feeling alive.
16. The sandy haired son of Hollywood lost his faith in all that's good.
17. Be my pillow. Take my head and let me sleep in the coolness of your shadow, in the silence of your deep.
18. When I look up to the skies, I see your eyes a funny kind of yellow.
19. Why did I break off more than to bite, losin' in the last frame.
20. You shoot me glances and they're so hard to read. I misconstrue what you mean.