Okay, FINE. I'll do the music meme.
Here are lyrics from 25 songs that I got quasi-pseudo-randomly from my music collection. The quoted lyrics are always the first ones of the song that don't give away the title. Guess the artist and the song.
No duplicate artists here. Punctuation may or may not have been changed. And, if it helps somehow, much of my music collection is full albums.
1. My lips are shaking my nails are bit off. Been a month since I've heard myself talk.
2. I walked down the hall into your room where I could smell you, and I shouldn't be here without permission
3. Woke up quick at about noon, just thought that I had to be in Compton soon
4. As I got hit by a car there was a message for me
5. Mama, take this badge from me. I can't use it anymore.
6. I don't feel as if I know you. You take up all my time. The days are long and the night will throw you away 'cause the sun don't shine.
7. It was a cold night and the snow lay low. I pulled my coat tight against the falling down.
8. It's quiet now, and what it brings is everything. Comes calling back a brilliant night; I'm still awake.
9. Summer stretching on the grass, summer dresses pass. In the shade of a willow tree creeps a crawling over me.
10. I heard there was a secret chord.
11. Twenty-five years and my life is still trying to get up that great big hill of hope for a destination.
12. Mama, they try and break me. The window burns to light the way back home.
13. Into the distance, a ribbon of black stretched to the point of no turning back.
14. Perhaps I am a miscreation, No one knows the truth, There is no future here.
15. One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal.
16. Speak to me in a language I can hear. Humour me before I have to go.
17. Message to all my friends: I've fallen down again. Please send help; please send your horses and your men.
18. Want to keep your dream alive? Can I keep it with mine?
19. The skys were pure and the fields were green, and the sun was brighter than it's ever been. When I grew up with my best friend Kenny, we were close as any brothers that you ever knew.
20. Finds a convenient streetlight, steps out of the shade, says something like, "You and me babe, how about it?"
21. "Bah, humbug!" No, that's too strong, 'cause it is my favorite holiday.
22. Sometimes I feel like I am drunk behind the wheel, the wheel of possibility, however it may roll.
23. I know that I should think about giving, and think about helping out, and think about, think about living. But I can't seem to rescue myself.
24. There's travel in your future when your toungue freezes to the back of a speeding bus.
25. Just before our love got lost, you said I am as constant as a northern star.